Friday, 7 September 2012

Update: Lausi's Dream Loft...

Can't believe it's been a month since I last posted on my blog here. Well... obviously, it's been a busy time for me and my baby (thanks to our little "dream loft project). Here's an update on the situation:

The outside job is almost done. The roof including chimney is finished and the windows have been fitted (all but the floor-to-ceiling windows for the living room and two French Windows. They'll have to wait until the floor boards have been installed). 



The external insulation will be finished this weekend.

Meanwhile, we've started on insulating the interior walls.

...stuffing rock wool damping... oh what fun... NOT!
(can you say "itchy"?!?!)


...oh and there was lots of wallpaper stripping.... 
Somehow this ended up being mostly my job... uhm... yeah, well.
(Hello shoulder pains. How nice of you to stop by...)

I know I said it before, that it feels as if we'll never be done with everything, but there are some milestones that indicate we are indeed making progress... One of those surely was the moment when the construction crane was dismantled and pulled out of our driveway on Monday.




Hooray! The 24-ton-monster is gone!

Now I'm desperately waiting for the next milestone... when the scaffold will be gone! 
(if we're lucky this will be very soon too.)

all pictures (c) Lausi

3 comments:

  1. Oops, I missed this one.

    It is looking great already. I can tell you are very excited about the progress. You will feel like a queen in her castle when everything is done. Looking forward to these photos already, and how you will decorate the inside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This really is a HUGE project and neither Frank nor I thought it would be so time-consuming ( and let's better not talk about the financial demands ;)

      There is progress though and I'm starting to believe we'll get there. I'll keep posting about it here, so you can see the "castle" taking shape ;)

      Delete
  2. That would be great, lady.

    I bet it costs a lot of money to do all that, but isn't your own home one of the best investments to make? Especially nowadays where most financial transactions are happening online, people can be easily fooled. You guys are smart and spend your money wisely.

    ReplyDelete