Sunday, 29 January 2012

Hallway Project: Moodboard...

Our hallway is the only part of our home that I'm not happy with. It's been really neglected over the years and it's about time now that we tackled that "project" (before the other, "bigger" house projects get in the way again).

Here's two moodboards I put together for that project. 



I always wanted to have a gallery wall and the hallway offers the perfect spot for it.  For that we have already removed the big mirror that took over the wall on the left.  In a first "trial" we put up a some of our favorite photographs to get a feel for it. It's not finished yet and I inted to add more of my own "art" to this.

Instead of a "sideboard" which would take too much space in the small hallway, we opted for a shelf consisting of three cubicles which can be put together in various ways. Hopefully, we'll also find a small stool.

For the color scheme, I'd  like to pick up the turquoise color from the two columns and integrate it into the pieces I want to put on display.


 

No idea yet what we'll do with the wallpaper. It has to come off, no doubt. But we haven't decided on a new one or whether we should paint the wall in the same cream-colored tone that the rest of the flat is. We'll see. I think, I'll go wallpaper hunting over the next couple of weeks. There are so many amazing varieties now.

We'll see... to be continued on this blog :)




2 comments:

  1. Awesome idea, I can't wait to see how it turns out. There's a lot you can do with your hallway and I'm sure you'll find a way to make it look the way you imagined it. Happy you have found your creativity again in other projects aside from writing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see how it will turn out either :)

      It's always exciting to toss around ideas. I've already ordered the shelf and the little black mirror from the moodboard and I've got an idea for the painting (never done one myself...well... there's a first time for everything, right? ;)

      And yes, it's refreshing to get creative outside my writing.

      Delete