Thursday, 15 September 2011

Creative Week - Day 02: Chanterelle Soup

Well... since I consider cooking also a "creative process", 
here's the project for Day 02 of my creative week :)

What we had for dinner tonight...



...this, together with a basket of chanterelles 
will turn into a delicous soup :) ...





chop the potatoes and the onions


coarsely chopped chanterelles


Sweat the onion and potatoes in butter until the onion is translucent but not browned
then add the mushrooms and stir for 3 minutes

Pour in vegetable stock, dry white wine and low-fat milk. 
Stirr constantly and let simmer for 15 minutes


Add two tbsp of (low fat) creame cheese



blend

add pepper and a splash of soja sauce

Serve with a splotch of crème fraîche

all photos © Lausi

2 comments:

  1. You should. The end result looks delicious although I would never eat it myself since I'm incredibly picky when it comes to food... and I don't like mushrooms but I LOVE potatoes.

    Very cute how you took pictures of the whole cooking process. I wonder how a certain best hubby in the world reacted when his wife started to photograph the food ;) not that he would be any more surprised about you and your creative urges HEHE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA HA... BHOTW wasn't even here. He came back from the gymn JUST IN TIME for the soup to be served :)

    You're missing out, Joey! Chantelles are delicious!

    ReplyDelete