Sunday, 1 August 2010

New Fancy Flat-Iron - and NO third-degree burns :)

Flat ironing your hair is the key to smooth, straight locks... so says the ad 
-- uhm... really???




After Martin, my hairdresser (excuse me... hairstylist), has been telling me for ages what a good investment a flat iron would be for me (I have naturally wavy hair and usually have it straightened out when I go to have it dyed) and how „easy to handle“ it is, I finally gave in and bought the one he recommended.

He sang its praise loud and clear (and yes, they probably get a nice provision at the hair salon for selling them, I‘m aware of that. On the other hand, I‘m deathly afraid to damage my hair by buying a cheap one or the wrong one, so I trusted him on this)

It looks fancy, shiny and nice... I give it that! But does it work?!?!

To tell the truth... I can be a bit clumsy, and I have very thick hair, so I wasn‘t sure, I could do it right (and without causing myself third degree burns on my ears or scalp), so I used a huge amount of the heat-protection-spray and went to work... and surprisingly enough it really looked ALMOST as good as when Martin does it.

I don‘t know if I‘d want to do it each time after washing my hair (it DOES take forever and usually I let my hair air-dry, but it‘s nice to know I CAN straighten it out myself now if need be :)

Plus, with this red + black special addition it fits perfectly into our bathroom (pure coincidence though!)



No comments:

Post a Comment