Tuesday, 3 August 2010

The Beauty of Urban Decay...



The Beauty of Urban Decay

A couple of days ago, I took an evening walk and came across this place, which used to be a train repair hangar. That day the sun hung low and it was a breathtakingly beautiful sight to see this industrial building glowing in the golden light.

I didn‘t have the camera with me, so today when the sun came out, I went back there. I‘m still very shy when it comes to „trespassing“ (I had to literally force myself to ignore the big warning sign NO TRESPASSING), but I really, really wanted to capture the beauty of this building, which reminded me of a weathered face beneath the other glitzy city facades.

There was a certain eroded elegance radiating from this neglected spot.

Found out, a furniture store has bought it recently and will turn this into a modern sales store soon. The more reason to enjoy its grungy beauty while its still there.

(BTW... I was „caught“ by three construction workers who were awfully  nice and explained to me the building‘s original function, where everything was and how it worked. They were awesome!)















(all photos copyright Lausi)

No comments:

Post a Comment